WANTED 14


-I will not leave this house. Dad are you being serious? Leave this house to where? Daddy please, I'm not going anywhere Benita replied.
- you are a heartless, self-centered, arrogant and wicked child. The devil wants to use you to destroy my labour in ministry for 25 years. Elder Sam is threatening to leave. Someone whose 3months tithe alone brought about this building we live in. A six bedroom duplex. Many of them like that. So that my colleagues in ministry will start laughing at me?
Benita I suffered, I saw hunger, I saw starvation, my twin boys died on this journey because of poverty. I held unto my faith. You too almost died, how you managed to us survive that sickness due to mal- nutrition is still a miracle. I rather loose you now than go back to poverty. PACK YOUR THINGS AND LEAVE MY HOUSE.
- Jesus ( crying) this is not happening. This not not my dad speaking. This is not REV FERDINAND JOHNSON. Daddy, you can't do this. Where do I go from here? Daddy, (crying) it was on that sick bed, you made me this BENITA that I am today.
We had no money, doctor asked us out of the ward, I was laid on the Floor. Almost dying. Mum was in tears. You came close to me and held my hands and you said to me. " Benny, you are five years old, the name of Jesus has five letters, you will not die, now keep saying it to yourself."
I kept saying it. You made me believe that all I got then was JESUS. All I needed was JESUS, The one who could heal me was JESUS. I should only call JESUS. And I did. Daddy to said to me, BENNY IM SORRY. DADDY HAS NO MONEY HE CANT HELP YOU, JESUS HAS THE POWER TO HEAL YOU.
I get calling on JESUS and on the 3rd day, I got up. That was the man you were. I saw GOd's power through you. Daddy, do not give the devil a winning trophy.
- I thought you everything you know about the devil. I groomed you into whom you are today. I showed you the way to righteousness. You cannot be more righteous than me. Get rid of that bastard and save my ministry.
- I will not. My faith in Jesus is stronger than the father daughter bond. When you could you not save , Jesus did. You may give up on me and throw me out, JESUS WILL NEVER GIVE UP ON ME.
- RICHARD,
-yes dad
-Are you done
-yes dad.
- good. Throw her out
Richard lifted his sister up, heading to the gate. He had packed all her stuff and kept them outside the gate. Benita was crying and singing.
- Richard, put me down. Dad don't do this. Oh Jesus.
And so it was. Benita was sent out of her father's house. She kept hitting at the gate. No answer. She started worshiping.
You are great yes you are mighty God
Walked upon thvabout you mid greate sea raised the dead
You reign in majesty mighty God
Everything written about you is great
Demons tremble at your presence
What a mighty God we serve
Glory, glory hallelujah
Everything written about you is great.
As she sang, she started putting her things together. She decided to go to shola's place.
Shola's mum did the unimaginable. As she sighted Benita from afar, she ran towards her.
- mummy good evening ma
- keep that greeting first. Where do you think you are going with all these bags?
- mummy please, I will explain when wee go inside please.
- inside where? You must be out of your mind. Shameless prostitute. Sherimama ,sherimama, kakakaka after every every na belle. You people now use rape to cover up. Please you are a bad influence oooooooo, don't come and corrupt my virgin daughter for me ooooooo.
Oya goan meet your arm robber boyfriend and continue where you stopped. Omo oshi.
-thank you ma.
Benita left. She stood by the road side.
- where do I go from here? Holy ghost help me. Please bring out shola for me now. Please Lord.
Some minutes later, keke stopped in front of Benita and shola came out.
- omg Benny.are you traveling?
- yea. I was asked to leave the house. Dad said, I should leave his house.
- what? That's a lie. Daddy can't do that.
-(crying) he did oooooo. I just need a place to rest my head. I'm asking in my spirit for direction. Good a thing I have cash but I need God's direction.
- you can pass the night in my house replied shola.
- no. As we were discussing, the Lord said I should go back home.
- hmmmm, your sure?
- yea.
- OK, I will help you.

Comments

Popular Posts